Teco TK500E R290 Chiller Efficient Cooling Technology
• The exclusive use of internationally recognised high-performance compressors and of the titanium coaxial heat exchanger, ensures high performances. The set of technologies used allows you to decrease noise levels and achieve the highest COP-Coefficient Of Performance contributing to significant energy savings.
• The setting of functions is intuitive and the temperature detection is accurate, resolution 0.1 °C/0.2°F. The setting range is 0°-35°C (32°F -95°F) and there is a closed loop temperature control system with high accuracy and extremely tight differential (0.5°C/1°F). Displayed temperatures are in °C or °F and there are security alarms.
• The chiller, with its innovative design, is characterized by a solid structure designed to guarantee a perfect protection against rust. The user will appreciate the functionality of the shape and the compact size, which makes the chiller ideal also for confined spaces.
Unique Product Features
• The TECObody-condenser SYSTEM represents another major achievement: besides performing its main function as an integral part of the structure, the condenser confers an exclusive and original design to the chiller. Moreover, it makes the use of the filter unnecessary, thus eliminating the cleaning problems normally associated with it.
New gas regulations.
Increased costs for R134a.
R290: one of the best environmentally friendly alternatives (excellent GWP) with no direct effect on global warming.
Increased COP (Coefficient of Performance).
Low consumption and money saving.
R290 allows efficiency improvement (up to 50% compared to standard versions).
Consequently, lower CO 2 emissions to the atmosphere.
R290: utilized in the most efficient appliances produced in Europe from last years with very positive results in million units running
Interest in and application of hydrocarbon (HC) refrigerants is growing, especially now that the global warming impact of refrigerants is becoming an increasingly important aspect for the refrigeration and conditioning industry. The objective of the F-gas Regulation is to protect the environment and combat climate change by reducing and preventing emissions to atmosphere and encouraging the use of low GWP F-gases
Because of its flammability, great care is required in the manufacture, installation and servicing of chillers that contain propane. If there are problems on the refrigerant circuit, chillers need to be replaced or send the unit to a R290 assistance service!
Current Consumption (Cooling) 1,4 A * (1,5 A**)
Power Consumption (Cooling) 240 W *
Cooling Capacity 440 W * 1500 Btuh *
Dimensions 310mm x 310mm x 416mm (h) 12.2in x 12.2in x 16,38in (h)
Weight 16,5 kg 36,4 lb
Min and Max Water Flow 500 lh – 800 l/h 132 Usgalh – 211 Usgalh
Air Flow 155 m3h 5475 CFH
Maximum Exchanger’s Pressure 1 bar 14,4 PSI
Ambient Temperature Range 5°C – 38°C 41°F – 100°F
Certification /Protection Grade
* reported value refers to the following condition: room temperature 30°C (86°F), water temperature 25°C (77°F)
* * reported value refers to the following condition: room temperature 38°C (100°F), water temperature 25°C (77°F)
All data are approximate and may be changed without notice by TECO
CE / IPX4
TK 500E – 30% reduction in power consumption over previous model. The new R290 chillers have exactly the same dimensions and cooling capacity of the previous models, and are Wi-Fi enabled, but unfortunately due to current EU legislation these new chillers are not fitted with heaters. However, TECO will provide a heater and fitting instructions to all customers who have purchased the R290 chiller as soon as CE approval has been obtained.