Philips CoralCare – Controller
£120.00 Including VAT
The unique features of CoralCare Gen2 are:
- Wide spectral range – For excellent coral growth, and natural reef appearance.
- Perfect light balance – Unique homogeneous light distribution and colour mixing solution. Our innovative design features 68 carefully positioned LEDs to mimic the optical effect of sunlight.
- Easy to control – Control your CoralCare easily and wirelessly, with control over two distinct lighting channels, and preprogrammed schedules.
- Quality & reliability – The new, slimmer design is energy-efficient, has passive cooling and a long lifespan.
Available on back-order
Free shipping on orders over £100!
- 120 Hour Guarantee
- Professional Shipping
- Secure Payments
- Coral Conditioning
- Personal Selection
The software is user-friendly and can be downloaded from the Philips CoralCare website. The CoralCare app is downloadable via the Google Play Store and iOS App Store.
One of the unique features of the CoralCare software is that the aquarist does not have to worry about the settings of each individual LED channel. You only need to define the overall color tone and intensity of the light. This drastically simplifies the definition of the light schedule. It also means that you do not have to worry about the “correct” light spectrum. Philips has introduced spectral boundaries to prevent incorrect spectral content from being selected, which could harm the health of the coral.
But the software still includes enough flexibility to allow the light settings to be customized to your own taste.
Within the color range we provide excellent color rendering of natural tones as well as fluorescent rendering during bluish “evening” tones.
Enhances phosphorous effects of corals
The natural look of corals and fish
When the application is started and the controller connected, it displays the active schedule. The user is able to choose one of the predefined schedules (Shallow Reef, Natural Reef, Deep Reef or Overcast Reef):
• shallow reef: mimics the natural behavior of sunlight at shallow water depth and maximizes light output
• natural reef: mimics the natural behavior of sunlight at average depth. Ideal for a mixed reef.
• deep reef: mimics the natural behavior of sunlight at deep ocean depths. Ideal to highlight the fluorescence of LPS corals.
• overcast reef: mimics the natural behavior of sunlight while simulating an overcast sky during noon. Maintains a more constant light output over the day while changing color point.
These schedules can be loaded via the CoralCare application and still allow you to change time, color, intensity to your specific wishes.
The user can also define a new 24-hour light schedule, which can be saved to 1 of the 2 custom schedules and shared with fellow reefers via the app or via a text file on your PC.
The CoralCare controller can easily be programmed via a Windows PC or wirelessly, but is also compatible with most 0-10V aquarium controller interfaces.
The controller can be set to a 0-10V mode, meaning that it will no longer react to the programmed schedule, but to the two 0-10V input channels on the CoralCare controller. By applying the correct voltages to these input pins, the CoralCare controller can be directly controlled by a 3rd party interface. This can come from an aquarium computer or any other 0‑10V interface compatible devices such as Profilux and Apex (proven by user tests).